Tuesday, August 2, 2011

American Road Trip: Day 1

BANDON TO PORTLAND


This is the first day of our American road trip. We started out by taking the bus from Bandon to Portland, Oregon. Portland seems like a big reading city. The weather was perfect and I saw people sitting outside with paperbacks all over town.


We made an important pilgrimage to the renowned Powell's Books.


It was seriously impressive.


I think I could spend all day there, and it might be worth a trip to Portland just to see the exhaustive travel writing collection.


Tomorrow we're renting a car and taking off into the great unknown. We're heading east. I'll try to keep you updated on the bits of literary culture that I see as our road trip progresses, and I'll be collecting titles all over the country for this week's bookspotting post.

My regular Hong Kong posts will be back when I return to Asia in mid-August.

1 comment:

  1. +JMJ+

    A "pilgrimage to Powell's" is exactly the right way to put it! I hope to make my own pilgrimage to this bookstore someday.

    Spend all day there? I could live there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...