Monday, September 3, 2012

Bookspotting: Week 79

This week I spotted two different young men carrying Game of Thrones books, one in front of the bar where I sometimes attend a weekly poetry night and one on the MTR. On Sunday I was in the Mandarin Oriental for some afternoon cake and spotted a young boy with The Adventures of Hugo Cabret. Later, on the MTR, I spotted a man reading an English thesaurus. He wasn't taking notes or anything, just reading. That might be a first for me. I counted four Chinese books this week, not including my adventures in the new Eslite bookstore.

What are people reading in your town this week?

1 comment:

  1. I saw a young Asian woman reading 50 Shades of Grey in our local shopping mall.She was sitting on a very uncomfortable seat. They are made of hard metal strips in the shape of lips...maybe this was her way of living out her fantasy...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...