Monday, May 21, 2012

Bookspotting: Art Fair Week


This Sunday I went to the HK Art Fair, a huge annual exhibition of artwork from around the world. The fair warrants a post of its own, so I'll be doing an Art Fair walking tour later this week. At the fair, I spotted at least a dozen people walking around with art books in some form. The attendees came from a wide range of nationalities, but I only spotted books in Chinese. After the fair, I went to see the new Wuthering Heights film, which was dark and troubling (as you would expect it to be based on the book), but also very well made. Earlier in the week, I spotted a man on the MTR reading Snakehead from Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider series. I also saw two different Westerners reading Kindles within the space of an hour, one on the train and one in the shade beneath the Escalator.

Next week I'll be officially launching my mini travel memoir The Olympics Beat: A Spectator's Memoir of Beijing. There will be pictures, guest posts on some awesome blogs, and various other kinds of excitement, so I hope you'll stop by. If you want to know more about the book, please visit my author website: ShannonYoungWriter.com and sign up for my email list while you're there.

Now it's your turn. Have you spotted any cool books this week? If you're in HK, did you make it to the Art Fair?

1 comment:

  1. The Art Fair sounded like so much fun! I saw some photos on Facebook from it and it looked like there were quite few book vendors. I haven't read this "Snakehead" that you mention, but last year read a book called "The Snakehead", which was about the human trafficking trade from Fujian. It was fascinating.

    Can't wait for your book launch next week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...