Friday, June 21, 2013

Bookspotting and Scuba Diving

Island in Malaysia where I once did a trial scuba dive on Christmas Day.
A few days ago I saw a Western woman on the train reading The World of Suzy Wong. She had her hand over her mouth and a somewhat distressed look on her face, so I'm pretty sure I know what part she was reading. Yesterday afternoon, I spotted a young Chinese woman reading a Sophie Kinsella novel. Based on the cover (and some quick Amazon research), I think it was I've Got Your Number. Later, I saw a woman with a big textbook on her lap called Economics Demystified. I only spotted one Chinese book this week, and it looked like non-fiction.

I've spent almost every evening this week working on the online PADI scuba diving course and attending training sessions at a pool overlooking the Jumbo restaurant in Aberdeen. This weekend we'll do our first two open water dives (Saturday's session has been cancelled due to a typhoon warning). We will hopefully finish our open water certification in time to go scuba diving on our honeymoon this August.

Do you have any big plans for the summer? Have you tried scuba diving before?

2 comments:

  1. i have no idea about Bookspotting.please tell me.

    ReplyDelete



  2. That's interesting! Can you please share more about it? Thank you.



    Scuba Diving in Andaman

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...